Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Blog #2 Soundwalk




                
The place I chose for the soundwalk is my neighborhood in Homecrest, Brooklyn. I have always stayed in my house, not ever going outside to look and hear what the neighborhood was like. So I thought that now with this assignment it would be a good time, so I step outside, sat down and closed my eyes. The time of day was night after I had gone home from school.
 It was raining, not too hard but I can hear the drops of rain hit the cemented ground like a thousand tiny thumps. The rain was hitting the metal awnings and cars around the block too, the texture was hard like the metal being beat by small nails. It hurt the ear a bit, like a fly buzzing.
The sound of the subways loud movement as it pass though my house was like a bugle stretching a long tune, it zoom thought with the screeching of the meeting of wheel and track. Every once and a while I can hear the sound of cars coming though as their rubber wheels rub through the tar-mated road, as water splash in their wake. Then afterwards silence, then the dripping and falling noise of rain returns.
I could hear the tress rustle as the wind bash against them. The sound of individual branches bending and holding on for life as to avoid being snapped off. At this moment the music of this neighborhood my neighborhood was a cacophony of dyeing metal, a symphony of loud beats like a warzone.
This continued on and on for a while. The sound of rain was washing out all other noises in my neighborhood. I thought to myself, shame maybe I should have done the soudwalk a day earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment